Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I'm Back (Minus a Few Bits)

So this post reveals that I am still alive! I never doubted for a second that I wouldn't be. My surgery was at 8 am Friday and I was headed home at 2 pm. I had a bad reaction to the anesthesia. Oh my, I don't think I have ever been so sick. The only requirement for me to be able to leave was to use the restroom. My mother helped me drag my sorry self there and no sooner had I sat down then I was panicking because I was about to be sick. I told them ahead of time that I have a weak stomach and they gave me something prior to surgery to keep me from getting sick. Nope, didn't work. Apparently it runs in families too, my mother said she has the same problem. I was sick 2 times more as my mother helped me dress while my poor husband had been sent by a nurse to pull the car around an hour before. And for good measure I had to beg for Brandon to pull over on the way home, he didn't quite read my mind to get out of the view of the busiest intersection in the entire city so they got to see me in all my glory. :) After getting home, I didn't think I could make the short trip into our apartment. The thought of curling up on the pavement was ideal at the time. When I finally made it to the bed I stayed there and lying down kept me from being sick anymore.

Part of the procedure was to fill my abdomen with carbon dioxide so the scope would have more room and an easier view. An added "bonus" is that some of the gas is still trapped inside, which is more painful then the actual incisions. It makes taking deep breaths impossible and walking around painful. But I will persist, the walking helps me recover faster.

The verdict is that I do have endometriosis. I have a mild case so there wasn't too many lesions to remove. I had a particularly large bit on the ligament that holds my uterus in place so that explains why certain activities I had begun to cease were so painful. I will go back to the doctor in 2 weeks to discuss the treatment options and to review the "awesome" pictures of my insides. I am grateful for the outcome; grateful to know what has been bothering me and thankful that it doesn't seem to be severe.

No comments:

Post a Comment