Monday, March 12, 2007

Weekend Fun

For someone who always tells everyone that "nothing much has changed" and "we're boring," We sure had a busy weekend.

First we started by hosting dinner for a couple of friends of ours on Friday. Brandon told Brian that I would make my world famous stroganoff for him since Brandon is always heating up his "yummy" leftovers at Brian's store.

Then Saturday we tried to get up early so I could make my triple chocolate brownies for the season's first afternoon BBQ and swim at my aunt and uncle's house in Brenham. My brownies were actually a flop because I tried to do well for all the dieters by using splenda instead of sugar. I have used splenda a number of times in baking with great results. This time when I pulled the brownies out of the oven, all the butter rose to the top and was bubbling there. I felt pretty bad because they are so good and it was a waste of good chocolate. I suspect maybe my baker's chocolate may have been bad.

After that we drove back home and dropped my grandma off before going over to Brian and Rainy's new house for a BBQ with some college friends we haven't seen in years. It was lots of fun as we told stories of a legendary friend from college who didn't make it over. I always seem to miss him, he's hilarious and fun to be around.

Sunday was church as usual but with the time change we got really confused. We didn't expect our cell phones to change automatically and we use those for alarm clocks. Well they did change at 2am and Brandon had set mine an hour early just in case, needless to say it was pretty early and I kept hitting the snooze. After church I spent the afternoon shopping with Jess and a friend of hers. We walked all over the mall and had fun goofing off like a bunch of teenagers.

While I was shopping Brandon decided to spend his $250+ Walmart gift cards that he has accumulated over the last few years. He is now boycotting Walmart over some confusion with them saying they would hold something for him. So we are now the proud owners of a PS2 and Guitar Hero and Guitar Hero II. He is currently out there still playing. So addictive.

This week will be a short work week for me. This coming weekend we are going camping with family in various parks in the Texas Hill Country. I am hoping for some beautiful weather, good exercise and the opportunity to take some good pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment