Sunday, July 27, 2008

Modern Technology

As we pulled into our apartment driveway today on the way home from church, I remembered that we needed to return something we bought yesterday.  Instead of putting it off until later, (I knew if we went in we would get comfortable and not venture out again) I decided to run in and grab the return while Brandon waited in the car.  I searched and searched for the receipt and became perplexed as to how it got lost in less than 24 hours.  Then the light bulb went off in my head, maybe it is still in my purse.  I looked around to grab my phone to ask Brandon to look for it but the phone was in my purse as well.  Oh well, I thought, I don't have the phone with me so I will just go out to the parking lot and look for the receipt.  It never crossed my mind to pick up the land line sitting on the shelf just feet away.  Duh!  In my defense our home phones kept breaking and we took forever to acquire a working phone, thus we barely use it.  Besides, the only people who call us on our land line are those begging for our money or blood. At least I had a good laugh at my own expense.  Modern technology, it's making dummies out of us all.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like something I would do! Although do I even know any numbers by heart?? Which reminds me I read a blog about a guy whose friend was arrested and couldn't make a call because they confiscate your cellphone and he didn't know anyones numbers to call them. I dunno if that's true and I hope to god I never get arrested but still I think I should start memorizing some phone number!!

    ReplyDelete