- Buy things for their usefulness rather than their status.
- Reject anything that produces an addiction in you.
- Develop the habit of giving things away.
- Refuse to give into the marketing schemes of modern gadgetry.
- Learn to enjoy things without owning them.
- Develop a deeper appreciation for nature.
- Look with healthy skepticism at all "buy now, pay later" schemes.
- Obey Jesus commands about plain honest speech.
- Reject anything that breeds the oppression of others.
- Shun anything that distracts you from seeking first the kingdom of heaven.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Wisdom to Live By
We were challenged this Sunday to live by the following disciplines. They were written by Richard Foster.