Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Autumn

The season is really starting to change around here. Autumn is probably my favorite season though I like them all for different reasons.

I love the changing of the leaves. Here they change rather late and not in the vivid colors I have seen elsewhere. This weekend we are taking a trip to the hill country where there is a bit more color. Eventually I would love to go up and visit Maine during the fall.

The air is becoming cooler and drier. I have been able to open the windows to allow fresh air in. It has turned my 9 year old cat exceptionally frisky, she seems to love the cooler weather and tears around the house with new energy. Exercising outside has become far more pleasant though seasonal allergies are starting to kick in.

I decided this year to make pumpkin recipes using fresh puree. The smell of pumpkin baking in the oven was divine. And it didn't take long to cut, bake, and puree it. It is definitely better than the canned version. Since Brandon is still trying to put on some weight, I made him a fresh pumpkin pie which he has been enjoying for the last week. I have reserved puree waiting to make my now legendary (at least by family standard) cranberry pumpkin bread.

Thanksgiving is coming up and it will give us a chance to see family members we haven't seen in a while. I will get to meet my new niece and hopefully get to use her as a model for some photography experimentation.

It won't be long until winter and Christmas are upon us. And before I know it, 2009. This year has flown by much too quickly. I guess that's what happens when one gets older. (Sigh)

1 comment:

  1. yum! the bread sounds divine! I love recipes, and would love to try yours...but if it is a secret...I understand!

    ReplyDelete