Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Enough!

We have spent the last 2 years listening to egotistical windbags spout about how great they are. I am so ready for this election to be over. I seriously hope they don't start campaigning earlier than ever before for the next election.

In the last couple of days I have found two things that disturb me:

We have been getting the many pre-recorded phone messages from candidates. Only now they have gotten personal. One recording addressed Brandon specifically by name. The other message started out by saying, "I see you haven't voted yet..." I thought that was nobody's business but mine. I voted early once, I had to stand in line for over an hour. So ever since I have voted on election day, around the corner from where I live, where I stood in lines for less than 5 minutes each time.

The political ads on television have been mostly ignorable. And I find that main stream media has lost touch with reality. Their political talk is merely entertainment to me, I get my news from many other sources. However, I saw one station running a political commercial talking about bringing "honest" reporting to the people so we could "vote with our hearts." Hello, I would much prefer to vote with my mind. Voting with feelings has no place in politics. These candidates are on a job interview, we are the interviewers. Since when are job applicants chosen based on feelings?

Enough is enough, give the American people some peace.

1 comment:

  1. Amen Sistah! When I first moved to the UK I was shocked and pleased when the interviewers would keep asking the question and even 'attack' the politician when he dodged the question. Jeremy Paxman is like a bulldog! I'm so glad I don't have to suffer though it all. I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete