Thursday, February 19, 2009

Time

I was struck the other day by how much time has already passed this year. February is almost over and I feel like I have been asleep for most of the year so far. The last month and a half have been a whirlwind of tests, procedures, doctors visits and luckily I was still able to go on some fun trips as well.

My mother and I were talking the other day when she told me she hadn't realized just how sick I had been. It hit me then that I hadn't realized it either, but thinking back I was very sick. Perhaps I was in such good shape physically that the assault on my body didn't affect me to the extent it could have. However I am glad things are being figured out, we should have answers tomorrow, and my life can gain back some normalcy.

I'm actually looking forward to having a weekend at home since we have been gone for the last 3 weekends. Strangely, I look forward to cleaning our home since it hasn't been touched since (shock, gasp) before Christmas. And mostly I look forward to finally being able to cook my dear, wonderful husband a nice dinner and bake him a homemade cake for his birthday. His 30th birthday was last week and with all the doctor's appointments and traveling I wasn't able to honor him. And he deserves to be honored for all that he has done for me in the last 2 months. He has worried about me, taken care of me, done shopping and cooking, put up with my bad moods, my pushing him away, all without complaining.

I am a very blessed woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment