Monday, April 27, 2009

Trouble

My 3-year-old nephew arrived last night to stay the week with "Grammy" and "Papa."  I sat with him while he ate dinner and we had a  lively discussion.  He informed me that a friend of his told him, "Girls are trouble." 

I told him that mommy is a girl and asked if she is trouble.  He shook his head.  I asked if Ella (his baby sister) is trouble since she is a girl also.  He shook his head again.  I asked if I was trouble and again he shook his head.

This morning after I got out of a meeting I realized I had a voice mail.  My mom had called to relay a message from Collin.  After he had gotten up for the day he looked up at wall, pointed to my picture and informed my mother, "That's Rachel, she's trouble." 

I couldn't contain my laughter, that made my day.

2 comments: