Monday, May 11, 2009

Flabbergasted!

I woke up Saturday feeling like I had a hangover which is quite a feat for someone who doesn't drink.  Needless to say I skipped Brandon's company barbeque and instead curled up to finish what has to be one of the most depressing books ever written. (1984)  My older brother called at 10:45 am which I briefly thought  strange since they are now 2 hours behind in Arizona and he doesn't usually call me that early.  We chatted for a bit and then he mentioned seeing us at church the next morning.  Huh?  He chuckled and told me they were in town because Jessica's grandmother had finally passed away after months of poor health.  He wanted information on what mom was up to for Mother's day.  He decided since they had to come he would surprise her.  Brandon and I coordinated with Jeff and kept it a secret from everyone. 

Sunday afternoon there was a knock on the door at my grandmother's home where we were gathered.  I contained my smile as my grandma opened the door to find Jeff and Jessica standing there with flowers.  She did a double take then fell against the wall she was so surprised.  By that time I was bouncing up and down on the couch, clapping like a small child and grinning from ear to ear.  My mom got up at my grandma's exclamations and her jaw dropped.  Everyone was so surprised.  Then my mom wanted to know who knew, only Brandon and me, and called us sneaky. 

It was a good surprise for my mom and grandma.  I'm sure they'll remember it for years.

1 comment:

  1. That's great! I never like being surprised, but I always like being the one doing the surprising. I'm glad you had such a great time with your family.

    ReplyDelete