Monday, May 18, 2009

Sick Cat

Our new little one has a cold. Poor thing, she looks and sounds so miserable.

I took her in last Wednesday for her free follow up at a local vet after her spaying surgery. She was doing well. They treated her for tapeworms, (ick) gave me some flea medication to prevent future worms, and sent us on our merry way.

Thursday she started sneezing a bit. On Friday night she was looking pretty miserable so we decided to call for an appointment the next morning.

I took her in this afternoon, its a respiratory infection and all I can do for her is give her kitty decongestant, keep her happy and warm, wait for the cold to run it's course, and keep her away from Chu. They told me to return if she started having discharge from her eyes.

They also found her ears clogged with ear mites and ear mite dirt. (Again, ick) They were shocked that the other vet clinic didn't find them. That's because they never even bothered to look. I guess you get what you pay for, but in their partnership with the SPCA I would think the animal clinic would take it as an opportunity to attract new customers by providing great service. Mildly annoying to say the least.

I'm still glad we could rescue and provide her a home even though she is costing more than first anticipated. I'm sure she will get well and be a happy, healthy cat in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment