Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Olivia

The first in our group of mutual friends who are expecting, had their baby a week and a half ago. Brandon went to visit them last Saturday and sadly, I couldn't go with him. I had been sick all the previous week and while I was already feeling better, I didn't want to risk spreading germs to them.

Finally, last night I was able to go over and meet Olivia. At just under 7 pounds she looked tiny. I'm used to monster newborns, my nephew weighed nearly 10 pounds, my niece was close to the same, and my cousin was over 10 pounds. Olivia fit so snugly in the crook of my arm.

I thought about sending flowers, a gift, the usual but I don't know, I guess I am too practical. Flowers die. A gift, well what? I wanted to do something useful. So, I made them dinner and brought it over last night. It's what I would want someone to do for me. They thanked us over and over.

We didn't stay too long but it was nice getting to chat with them. And getting some "baby snuggles" was pretty nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment