Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Catching Up or Catching My Breath

("back blogging," trying to catch up on thoughts that I started but never finished.)

Ugh!  There time went again.  Things haven't been easy lately.  I was looking forward to the summer of relaxing a bit, where our usual activities and duties end for a couple of months.  Instead those activities were replaced with other stressors.

I was excited to finish VBS in June because that was my only major "job" for the summer.  Ahh, time to relax a bit before fall starts back in full swing and our little one makes an entrance.  At the end of the week I was promptly hit with what I thought was a cold but ended up just being a particularly nasty struggle with allergies.  In my effort to "protect" Baby, I tried not to take anything over-the-counter.  But continual coughing and round ligament pain don't mix very well.  I figured vapor chest rub was ok to use, except I found out after having it on for 5 minutes that I was allergic to something in it. (probably eucalyptus)  So I just suffered and "enjoyed" the other...er..."delightful" effects coughing has on a pregnant woman.

Brandon's work load has been insane.  On the one hand, during a down economy it is nice that he has lots of work to do. However, when there is too much work for him to do all himself and yet they expect him to, that's frustrating.  He has been working so much at home on nights and weekends that I haven't had any time to spend with him or quite frankly, talk to him.  Finally, a couple of weeks ago it took it's toll. A light bulb went off and I realized we needed to "fix" this problem.

Because of work we kept having to push our vacation back.  We finally just decided to have a spontaneous, week-long road trip which ended up being only 3 days due to work.  (Grrrr!!)  One would think that he is a doctor, always on-call with the number of "emergencies" that come up while he is gone.  We are planning a romantic, long weekend in September where we hopefully won't be interrupted by work calls since it will be over a weekend. (Crossing fingers) We seriously could use some "us" time before Baby enters our world.

My newest cousin, Alexander arrived on June 3rd.  I still find it a bit funny that I have a newborn 1st cousin.  True, my oldest 1st cousin is half my age but Alexander and our little one will be the same age. Another nice thing is we live close by so I have already had the pleasure of watching him a couple of evenings while my aunt and uncle went out for a bit. I can only hope our baby is as laid back as he is.  Not a peep this child made for me unless he was getting his diaper changed. Then it was like an olympic sport trying to get a new diaper on. It will be so nice for our little one to have a buddy so close by.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are having to deal with allergies - it is no fun when preggo! So excited for you and your new little one, though!

    ReplyDelete