Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It's a...

Girl!!!

No, Baby is still cooking but I slipped in front of Brandon a couple of days ago so it doesn't have to be a secret anymore.

I was on the phone getting health insurance quotes for Baby.  Apparently gender matters for quotes (in hindsight I should have just asked for numbers for both) After carefully telling the guy that Brandon was in the other room and didn't know, so could he please say one or the other and I would answer yes or no; one of the next things out of my mouth was, "If we can't get a child only policy, we do have the option of adding her to Brandon's work policy." (In my head the word her was completely emphasized.) I realized I slipped immediately but hoped maybe Brandon hadn't heard since he was making a lot of noise unloading the dishwasher.  No such luck, I heard him drop the silverware on the counter, then his hurried footsteps and him coming around the corner with a look on his face that said, "Did I just hear what I think I heard?" One look at my horrified face and he knew.

He was very nice to me about it, he teased me a bit and then forgave me, said he knew I didn't do it on purpose.  I was so close!!  I made it 13 weeks keeping quiet and was doing quite a good job despite everyone's best efforts to trick it out of me. I was very determined to let him be surprised at birth, especially since he was kind enough to let me find out at the ultrasound.  Oh well, what is done is done.  Of course everyone else is more than pleased I messed up.

Now that we can tell people, the next question is always "What are you going to name her?" We have no idea, we are suffering a complete block in this area.  Or to borrow a "Brandon-ism," It's a secret, such a secret that we don't even know it. This poor little girl will probably not have a name when she is born.  We have a list of a few names but none of them seem "right." Perhaps when we meet her one of them will or a new name will come to us.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! That's hilarious. That's sort of mistake I would make. Maybe you need to wait and see her face before you name her.

    There is that old hillbilly joke that I've heard on Designing Women and Bart's dad swears really happened to someone where he grew up though. It's the one where the parents didn't know what to name their daughter, but the hospital was nice enough to name her and put that name on a braclet. Her name was "Female," pronounced like tamale. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! That is so exciting!!! You lasted a really long time, and the truth is that Brandon WAS SURPRISED!(just a little earlier than expected...so maybe it was even better? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for little girls! If you get really stuck on names, I've got LOADS that we aren't going to be using in the future :-) If I didn't hate pregnancy so much, I'd probably consider having ten kids just for the fun of naming them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! So exciting!!! We had a hard time coming up with girl names too. We had one name that both of us didn't hate- not the best attitude to have when naming your child. Ya we named you Samantha because it was the only name we didn't hate. It was hell really. I loved Isabella he hated it. He loved Isobel I hated it. He loved Sophie I loved Sophia. LOL this went on for months and months!! Then one day I read the name Esme on the cover of a JD Salinger book and thought HEY I love that name. Texted it to Dad who was away traveling and he called me back saying he loved it. Esme was born about 3 weeks later.

    ReplyDelete